Saturday, December 29, 2007

World Peace

I must admit, when I see the "Feed the Children" or "Sponsor a Child" commercials it does tug at my heart strings. I can't help but want to reach into my wallet and pull out a shiny quarter, pop it in the mail and in return receive a picture of Ashmael or Napur drinking a bottle of Evian. As you sit on the couch finishing up A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila or Flavor of love, the commercial cuts to starving children eating ants off the ground. "Meet Keisha. Keisha has never tasted a drop of clean water in her entire life".......and you're sitting there having just finished a 6 inch Sub beating yourself up for not getting the 12 inch because your still hungry. "For a mere 15 cents, you can provide Keisha with clean water
diapers
a new pair of shoes
toys
a bed
a memory foam mattress
Crest white strips
Apricot Body Scrub
For 15 cents? Keisha can honestly get all of that? And then you are periodically updated via mail as to how Keishas doing. The letter makes no sense because she can't spell, so it reads,

The Crest Strips haves work nice.
My mouth is white like snow fall.
My tummy is now always full.
Keisha

And sure enough, in the picture her teeth are a little bit brighter and her skin looks smoother thanks to the Apricot body scrub, and you feel good.