Sunday, December 9, 2007

My First Review

I have received my first review from my show, "Denises Friday Night Book Club" at Second City's skybox theater. Enjoy

One of my favorite scenes from the evening involved to co-workers, Meryl and Regina - performed by Katie O'Brien and Kristen McLaughlin. Kristen's character accidentally swears while making a mistake at the computer. Katie, her cubicle mate, takes this as an opportunity to bond and give herself permission to "unleash." In the hands of less experienced actors and writers, this scene could easily have gone blue quickly and become more about the vulgarity than about Kate's character's undercurrent of desperation to bond with her co-worker.

Megan Presslak, Katie O'Brien, and Kristen McLaughlin excel in the (thankfully) multiple female roles Greg and Brian have written for them.
^JOE JANES Joe is a writer, director and actor in Chicago. He teaches at The Second City Trainer Center and at Columbia College.