Monday, October 1, 2007

BOO

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I always get disappointed looks and sassy comments such as "What about Christmas!?" Mmm, sorry. Christmas doesn't jingle my bells. The only thing I love about Christmas are those crazy Coca Cola polar bears. In my opinion they have more christmas spirit then Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all those manger animals combined. But Halloween....now thats a holiday. Each year I go to great lengths to prepare a great costume. This year I've toiled over being Harriet Tubman (two words: underground railroad (third word-->) bitches) Then I thought I would try the whole "slut thing" for Halloween. Caddy Harron infamously said from the teenage cinema bible, Mean Girls, "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." And, its true. My slut ticket was going to be a modern day Martha Washington, but then I thought thats a weird slut choice. Besides a previous marriage to George, there wasn't anything slutty about her and apparently she was really boring and was just a homemaker at Mt. Vernon. SO i abandoned that idea. Then I thought about being a pregnant prom queen. Granted, its not funny if you were the prom queen at one time while you were pregnant, but to everyone else its kind of a funny concept. So then, I thought, "why not be Veronica from the 6th station of the cross?" For those of you who aren't familiar with my homegirl Veronica, she was the charming women on the side of the road who happened to have a wash cloth handy while Jesus was burdened with carrying that cross. She essentially gave Jesus a quick sponge bath on his way up to calvary and as a thank you, Jesus left an image of his face on the washcloth. It probably became a family heirloom, or maybe she framed it? I don't know. So, I think I am going to be "station 6, Veronica wipes the face of Jesus." My costume you ask? Some biblical clothing (most likely a sheet), a painted on tear, and yes, I will be carrying a washcloth around with jesus' face on it. And i know you might be thinking to yourself, "how lame". This is not lame my friends. Lame would be if I was a hooters girl or a beer keg.