Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Post Secret


I recently switched academic institutions. I traded in posh St. Thomas for the down and dirty University of Illinois at Chicago. The main difference between the two? Bathroom fun.

The University of Illinois at Chicago has stalls adorned with graffiti. What did St. Thomas have? Stocked toilet paper and clean floors. Boring. I was so excited when I entered my first bathroom on campus. I usually try to hit up a different stall each time so I can really soak in the Universities culture. Some of my favorite quotes include....

"I am falling for her. I love her, but she doesn't know"--Mmm. A little too 21st century Jane Austen for me.

"The rain falling is God crying"--Nope. Sorry, that's a lie.

"Jen Womack is a whore"--Who's Jen Womack? Which one of you is Jen? I'll facebook her.....

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us"--How prophetic. Also a little ironic to have on a stall door.

There is also the occasional anti-war message and global warming rampage.

Here's my question--who is sitting on the toilet in between bowel movements thinking, "I am so outraged at George Bush, I'm gonna sharpie on this stall. That will get my message across." On the other hand, what are the chances that someone sits down and thinks, "I know that Jen Womack chick and you're right, she is a total bitch." It makes things interesting at school. I go to the bathroom to wash my hands and come back 2 minutes later with a whole new perspective on life.