Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Americas Next Top Rape Victim

Americas Next Top model. My guilty pleasure.
Actually the reason I love this show is not for the quality modeling, nor is it to admire the beautiful faces that adorn the television screen, rather it is to pay homage to my "mama", Tyra Banks. Having litterally made millions off the world known as modeling, talk shows and reality shows, Tyra is a big, bad, beautiful bitch who I have come to love and admire. She's the attractive Dr. Phil; the "lighter" Oprah. She's a mixture of chocolate and vanilla poured into a very shapely and attractive mug. Shes my gurl. I love it when Tyra sits the models down for "one on one" girl chats. During these "one on one" chats this super, super model lowers herself to their level by wearing Levi jeans and removing her shoes. She curls up on the catch and almost always says one of these lines to the hopeful models,
"So....you were raped. What was that like?" The model always responds...."oh Tyra. It was tough."
"So....you grew up homeless. What was that like?" The model always responds. "I had nothing Tyra. No heels, nothing."
"So ....you were abused. Tell me about it?" The model always responds, "It hurt, and bad"
Those are the most popular three. Somehow every gorgeous young women in america that makes it on these shows has had one of these 3 awful situations. Now and again you get a wild card, 
"So, your mother was a transvestite that made you run around naked." The model always responds......"Yep."
Its a god damn modeling show, its not beautiful counseling. When Tyras "one on one" chats come to a close, the model is sobbing, Tyra rises, gives the girl and hug and says, "You've come so far. Don't let anyone tell you your not gonna be somebody"
Ironically 15 minutes later Tyra cuts them because they were either fat, immature or lacked "personality". Ah, tough.
As the camera pans the models ribs peek through blouses and tank tops. I don't know about you, but nothing says sexy like visible ribs. If i can see someones entire clavicle and ribs I think to myself, "shes classy". Or, if i can fit a ponytail holder around their thigh, I think to myself, "I wanna be your friend."